I've been nominated for a Liebster Award!



I've seen the Liebster Award popping up on my feed a lot more than usual recently, and I'll be honest, I was pretty jealous of the girls doing it. It seems a great way to find new blogs and for other bloggers to interact more. So when I came online today and saw two people had nominated me, I was so excited that I'm doing it right away!

The two girls to nominate me were Emma from http://nailsmakeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/ and Dawn from http://dawncorsame.blogspot.co.uk/, so be sure to check both of their blogs out! They both did the award slightly different so I'm going to mix the two ways together.

If you're unsure as to what this is, the Liebster Award is something you give to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Then once they've been nominated they give 11 facts about themselves, answer the questions they've been given, pick 11 other questions and nominate 11 other people. You need to ensure you link back to the person who nominated you, and answer all of the questions given. 

The 11 random facts about me
I first started reading blogs when I was in year 11 at high school, about 3 years and a bit years ago.
The first blogger I ever followed was http://www.shewearsfashion.com/ I loved her charity shop buying and vintage style
I've never been outside of the UK
I have four brothers and two sisters
As a teenager I was a massive fan of JLS, and even went to see them three times, including their last tour. Think how some girls are obsessed with One Direction now, that was me!
I've worked at McDonald's for three years, despite thinking I'd have a new job within 3 months of starting.
I'm going in to my second year of university at The University of Salford and I can't wait to live in a proper house with 5 of the best people I know
I'm from a town just outside of Blackpool called Lytham St.Annes, which is pretty much known for it's golf course and nothing else.
I only really started wearing makeup two years ago when I was 17 after discovering Pixiwoo and Tanya Burr on YouTube
I love baking, and during my first year at university I would just bake out of pure boredom when I was left alone for the night.
I'm 5ft 4 and dress size 6

Emma's questions
What is your all time Holy Grail beauty product and why?
I'm not going to pick makeup, and instead pick La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. Whenever my skin is breaking out I put this all over and within a few days it's sorted!
Favourite Nail Polish?
I don't wear nail polish
Why did you start blogging?
I'd been reading blogs for years and wanted to be part of it, and my boyfriend kept telling me to do it and he finally convinced me!
Favourite Clothing Shop?
Primark and TopShop
Heels or Flats?
Flats, I'm too clumsy to wear heels day to day
Beauty product most disappointed with?
Glamglow Youthmud mask, for £39.99 I was expecting miracles, but it really just works like any other face mask
Who is your Style Icon?
I don't really have one, I just wear what I like
Summer Style or Winter Style?
Winter 100%, I like wear jumpers and tights and coats. I'm just no good at summer fashion
False Eyelashes Yes or No?
Yes, if I can get them right! They look amazing on some people, and when do right pretty much always make a look better
Favourite Film?
Titanic or Nowhere Boy
Lipstick or Lipgloss?
Lipstick! I'm trying to get in to lipgloss but it just doesn't stay on the lips long enough

Dawn's questions
What keeps you blogging?
I've only been doing it for two weeks, but I love the comments, it's cool to know people are reading what I'm writing
Who is your inspiration in life?
I don't have one of these either, should I?
If you were an ice cream flavour, what would you be?
Strawberry, I went through a phase as a kid where it was my favourite thing to eat
4. What would be your favourite colour?
Pink, I'm a typical girl
5. Which do you prefer, sing or dance?
Dance, I like to think I can do both, but in reality can't do either
6. What type of sport are you into?
None, I'm the most unathletic person ever
7. Cupcakes or cookies?
Cookies!
8. What's your favourite comedy movie?
I'm not really sure, I don't tend to pick comedies to watch
9. Summer or Winter? Why?
Winter, I prefer the clothes and the makeup, and I'd rather be cold than hot
10. How would your friends describe you? (Tact, friendly, etc.) 
I don't know, I think I'm pretty funny and I think I'm good with new people and starting a conversation. They'd probably just say I'm a bit of a mong though
11. What would be that thing that you can't live without?
Probably my MacBook, it cost too much money to loose. Or does this mean anything including people, and I have to get really cheesy

Who I nominate
Karin from karinjr.blogspot.co.uk
Philippa from http://peplumsandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk/
Marija from http://flowers-and-coffee.blogspot.co.uk/
Suzy from http://pret-tea.blogspot.ca/
thebeautyboardroom.com
Laura from lauralondonblog.com

My Questions
Either way you have the same budget, would you rather only wear high end or only wear drugstore makeup?
What is your beauty guilty pleasure?
Lipliner, yes or no?
When did you start your blog?
What's the reason behind your blogs name?
Which one luxury product do you wish you had in your collection?
Do you think you could ever make the move to YouTube?
Favourite TV programme?
Who was the first blogger you followed?
Who was the last blogger you followed?
What was the first makeup item you ever bought?

3 comments

  1. Thankyou so much for nominating me! It should be up next weekend hopefully! Loved your answers by the way! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for nominating me! I'm having fun answering the questions :)

    Suzy
    pret-tea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete